Family immigration is for individuals whose, partners or families are in Australia. The family visa allows partners, parents, children, and other relatives to migrate to the country subject to certain conditions. These visas are sponsored by Australian citizens, permanent residents of this country, and eligible New Zealand citizens. The broad categories are:
1. Parent Visa: The visa is applied by candidates who have child/children staying in the country as Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible citizens of New Zealand. The visa is sponsored by children residing in Australia only. Parent visas can also be issued for temporary settlement initially which could be changed to a permanent type later. Every year only a limited number of Parent Visas are issued by Australian immigration authorities.
2. Dependant Children/Child Visa- A child visa is also issued under several sub-classes. The visa is sponsored by a parent who should be permanently settled in Australia, a citizen of this country, or a qualified New Zealand citizen.
3. Spouse visa – Also referred to as a partner visa, this is issued as SC-309 (Partner Visa). The visa allows the spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent residence, or a qualified New Zealand citizen to migrate to Australia. The visa is applied and sponsored necessarily by the partner already living in Australia.
1. Both partners should be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of application
2. Candidate must be a spouse/fiancé/interdependent partner of the partner living in Australia
3. Sponsorship must be for at least two years
4. Candidate should present sufficient proof to establish relationship credibility
5. Candidate should pass the health and character test
With this visa, you can
- Live, work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you wan
4. Other relatives- The visa is applied by candidates who are dependant relatives, caregivers, or other relatives of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. The visa allows the relatives to migrate to Australia permanently. The visa is sponsored by a relative who should be permanently settled in Australia, a citizen of this country, or a qualified New Zealand citizen.
1. Candidate should present sufficient proof to establish the connection
2. Candidate should provide assurance of support
3. Candidate should pass the health and character test
From providing Free Assessment to submitting your application. The expert team of Indian Guardian will guide you at every step.
Talk to one of our experts to learn what is right for you