Following are the main categories for visa programs for skilled workers to immigrate to Australia:
Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189
Skilled Nominated Visa – Subclass 190
Skilled Work Regional Provisional Visa – Subclass 491
1. Candidate should not be more than 45 years of age for certain categories. Certain categories can have a maximum age limit of 50 years
2. Candidate must have the relevant work experience
3. Candidate must be able to communicate in English at a basic level
4. Candidate will need to be sponsored by an employer or the province for certain categories
With these visas (SC-189,190 and 491), you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, become an Australian citizen
- Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
Other visa categories- Some of the other visa categories for Australian immigration from India include:
a) Temporary Skills Shortage Visa- Allows skilled workers to immigrate to Australia in order to work in a skilled field. The visa needs to be applied by an employer to sponsor the candidate.
1. At least three years of relevant experience (By relevant we mean experience in the field of occupation you are applying for )
2. Age of candidate to be less than 45 years at the time of application
3. Minimum score of band 5 in IELTS for all sections
Regional sponsored migration (visa subclass 187)-A candidate can apply for this visa if:
1.They want to immigrate to a specific region or province in Australia
2.If they secure a job from an employer in Australia for any of the in-demand positions published by the province
b) Australia Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485- Allows candidates who have graduated from an Australian university to stay in Australia and apply for permanent residence.
1. Age of candidate to be less than 50 years at the time of making an application
2. Candidate should have studied in Australia for a full-time course at an undergraduate or postgraduate level
3. Proficiency in the English language
4. Candidate should pass the health and character test
From providing Free Assessment to submitting your application. The expert team of Indian Guardian will guide you at every step.
Talk to one of our experts to learn what is right for you