Live-in Caregiver Program
Live-in caregiver program
Although the LCP is officially closed to new applicants, individuals can apply for permanent residence through the program if they have at least two years of work experience in the program and:
- They are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit;*
Home Child Care
Provider & Home Support Worker Pilots
The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot replace the Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilots and provide eligible caregivers with a pathway to permanent residence once they’ve acquired two years of Canadian work experience.
Caregivers with work experience in NOC 4411 (excluding foster parents) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.
Caregivers with work experience in NOC 4412 (excluding housekeepers) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Support Worker Pilot.
Both the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot will only provide work permits to caregivers who have a job offer in Canada and who meet the following criteria:
- Language tests results showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5;
- One year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent; and
- Admissible to Canada.
Caregivers already working in Canada on a work permit who meet these criteria can also apply for permanent residence through the new pilots.
Each program will accept a maximum of 2,750 principal applicants each, for a total of 5,500 principal applicants, per year.
- Occupation-specific work permits for caregivers, providing the ability to change jobs quickly if necessary.
- Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners and study permits for dependent children, to allow the caregiver’s family to accompany them to Canada.
Employers hiring a caregiver from overseas will no longer need a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
* The content published above is subjected to change according to new guidelines.
Don't miss the updated signup now
Need a Consultation?
If you would like to process your visa application, the best way to start is to have a consultation with