(Federal Skilled Worker)


Humanitarian &

Start Up Visa

Applicants can use the H&C application to receive Canadian PR on humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you:

  • are a foreign national currently living in Canada
  • need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for Canadian PR
  • believe humanitarian and compassionate considerations justify granting the exemption(s) you need
  • are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
    • Spouse or Common-Law Partner
    • Live-in Caregiver
    • Caregivers: caring for children or people with high medical needs
    • Protected Person and Convention Refugees
    • Temporary Resident Permit Holder
You are not able to apply for Canada PR under H&C if you:
  • are a Canadian citizen
  • a permanent resident
  • have submitted an H&C application for which a decision has not been made
  • have an outstanding refugee claim
  • became a designated foreign national within the last 5 years.

* The content published above is subjected to change according to new guidelines.

Don't miss the updated signup now

Need a Consultation?

If you would like to process your visa application, the best way to start is to have a consultation with

About IG
Customer Care
Our Benefits
Stay Connected